My art tells the story of my life and through my portfolio I narrate my experiences as a visual journey.
Early in life, my artist aunt was my role model and an inspiration to learn about art history and to experiment with different art techniques. Later on I studied science and obtained a PhD from McGill University in Montreal. After several years of working as a research scientist and making art on the side, I switched careers and dedicated my time to creating visual art in Toronto.
In my artworks, a strong influence has always been my Persian background, where motifs and intricate patterns have been found in carpets, ceramics, and mosaics since ancient times.
Awards / Exhibitions / Publications
- Rotunda Gallery, Kitchener City Hall, solo exhibition, March 2021
- Ontario Arts Council, exhibition assistant grant, February 2020
- Parliament of Ontario Legislative building, art a la carte exhibit, January - December 2020
- The Social Distancing Festival (Online, Covid-19 outbreak), Visual Arts, April 2020
- Mississauga Living Arts Centre, Tiny mighty heroes exhibition, January - June 2020
- Federation of Canadian Artists, Annual International Mail-in exhibition, May – June, 2020
- Pickering virtual artfest, Pickering, Ontario, May 2020
- Beaux arts gallery Brampton, Art keeps going virtual art exhibition, May 2020
- Toronto Don Mills Public Library, solo exhibition, January 2019
- Art Room Gallery online, competition and exhibition, finalist, March 2019
- Contemporary Art Gallery online, competition and exhibition, winner (2nd place), April 2019
- Internationale d’art miniature, Lévis, QC, competition and exhibition, June - September 2019
- HAP (History + Art = Peace), juried art contest, honourable mention, July2019
- Guelph East Side Public Library, solo exhibition, August 2019
- Newmarket Old Town Hall, juried competition, winner sculpture award, October 2019
- Murze Magazine, Minimalism / Extinction, publication, issue nine, Nov - Dec 2019